Thursday, December 19, 2013

Trying Not To Get My Jingles in a Jangle... or something...

It's the holiday season and Santa Claus has got a toy, for every good girl and good little boy   Sorry.  I told you, I have Christmas on the brain.  Including that fairly annoying Christmas song.  I mean, there is nothing wrong with it, really.  It's just that it's been on repeat on the same 3 Christmas stations that I rotate through daily.

As I was saying, it's the holiday season... and because of that, I am trying to stay as positive as possible about every little single thing.  Even the things that are not so nice.

Today I thought I'd share vent about the minuscule, but agitating problems in my life.



Like... let's say... the fact that I have no wrapping done.

Or perhaps the fact that I have white salt footprints on my hardwood floors in my home because Scott someone forgets to take their dirty shoes off before coming in.

I also have the worst upset stomach known to man right at the moment.  Food is not staying in me for very long.  Luckily, I'm not throwing up, rather it is exiting out the other way.  I'll spare you the details. Anyway, this is the 3rd time I've dealt with a stomach virus in the past 2 months.  I'm. All. Done.

Tyson peed on the couch yesterday.  Just out of the blue decided to lift his little leg and whiz right on our new white pillows, all over the couch cushions  (yes, that's plural) and then continued to pee on not one, but TWO of my Christmas blankets.

He is not the biggest fan of all the snow we are getting.  He tiptoes through it and practically gives me a walk whenever we are outside.  And yes, he's five pounds.  He's surprisingly super strong.  Needless to say, ever since the snow hit, his accidents inside have quadrupled.  It's been pretty great.  Especially when I get down on his level and say, "Tyson, just because it's winter and there is snow on the ground, doesn't give you a right to pee inside you little five pound ball of fur!"...as if he understood...or cared.

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I kept hearing something sliding around in my backseat.  When I finally got home to check, it was a Redbox DVD.  Scott & I still haven't mastered the ability to return those friggin things on time.  We still have not learned that throwing the DVD in the car does not mean that we have returned it.  We actually need to drive to a Redbox machine & actually return it.

I swear, we own 5 now because that's what happens when you don't return it for a month.





Yeah.



Anyway, I know these are certainly not the most awful problems in the world.  I guess I just wanted to write this to kind of poke fun at the problems in my life right now.  Try to make myself laugh instead of getting my jingles in a jangle, if ya know what I mean.

And hopefully I made you chuckle too.


Don't forget that Newlywed Game: Holiday Edition link up tomorrow!  I hope you can participate!  =)


9 comments:

  1. Poor Tyson! Our pup would do the same thing if we got snow, though. Hopefully he'll get the hang of it soon! :) I hope your week improves, and it's only SIX DAYS until Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stomach viruses are NO fun! I hope you feel better soon! Oh, and Steven and I have the same problem with those stupid red boxes. We completely forget about them until a $36.00 charge comes up on our account... whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girrrrl I'm feelin you at the moment. Trying not to get too caught up in what I didn't do and just remember what I did do. My middle dog (we have 3!) isn't fixed yet and he keeps peeing on my dining room table leg. Not a huge deal because we have hardwood floors but it's a pain to have to clean dirty diapers all day and then clean up after the dogs too! Hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wondered what would happen if you didn't return the dvds on time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I'm sorry you haven't been feeling to hot lately. This season reminded me yesterday that though I maybe super jolly and nice, doesn't mean everyone else is. I never want to go to Nashville again because of all the rudeness we endured yesterday. Ugh people. Hope the pup has no more accidents! Poor little guy is so close to the ground too! Love "jingles in a jangle" might use that on my husband when he has a grumpy moment and see his reaction (: haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the Redbox problem...that's where they get you! And don't worry I have absolutely no wrapping done either. That's for tomorrow I guess. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon, and count your blessing it's only coming out the back and not the front. I will tolerate pretty much any sickness aside from throwing up.. those bugs are the WORST! Try to drink a lot of fluids so you stay hydrated and just rest ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life can just be so annoying sometimes. I totally understand what that feels like. We don't wear shoes in the house but sometimes Mj forgets and it drives me NUTS!! I can't say I've ever had to deal with salt prints though. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the title of this post ;) We all probably getting a lil jangled this time of year- there is so much going on! I'm so sorry you've been sick- I hope you feel better and tell those viruses to leave you aloneeee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I do try my hardest to respond to each & every comment! Love you guys! =)